Gå til innhold

Foto

Help in car repair at Sortland

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 31 July 2012 - 21:19

Dear friends,
My name is Dmitry, I'm from St.Petersburg, Russia. Me and my friends from our Offroad&4x4 Club are travelling in Norway for sightseeing and diving. Today i have had problem with my car (Hyundai Galloper2 diesel - almost MMC Pajero2 ) - something is knocking in motor. Could you suggest where in Sortland I can find repairshop to check and probably fix my car? Now I'm staying near Mitsubishi station and waiting for the service to open in the morning. Thank you beforehand..

#2 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:26

Repair is not actual anymore - it is too expensive and complex to be performed here. May be someone could suggest a place in Sortland or near to leave a car for free or.by a low rate for a week or two?

#3 Nordic

Nordic

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 37 Innlegg:

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:02

I think the airport parking at Skagen airport is kinda cheap. (That`s about 40 km away, or so.) If not, I guess you could check with some of the repairshops, if you can park out back.

#4 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 01 August 2012 - 13:29

I think the airport parking at Skagen airport is kinda cheap. (That`s about 40 km away, or so.) If not, I guess you could check with some of the repairshops, if you can park out back.

Thank you, I'll try second variant.
I see your car is Niva :) My first offroader car. One of our NivaClub trips:Postet bilde

But now most of club's members moved to LR (Def & Disco). However this year our friend on Niva took 1st place in his category on Ladoga Trophy 2012 raid:
Postet bilde

Postet bilde

Edited by dmitry_spb, 01 August 2012 - 13:33.

#5 Nordic

Nordic

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 37 Innlegg:

Posted 01 August 2012 - 17:38

Good luck, mate! Hope you get the help you need.
Yeah, I got a Niva. Got it a few weeks ago. My very first offroader. :) Lovely little vehicle. Thanks for sharing the pictures. They look awesome.

#6 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 03 August 2012 - 13:51

Another question: could anyone suggest where can I buy/order spare parts for Hyundai/Mitsubishi in Sortland? Is there any internet shop for car parts order/delivery?

#7 Odd-Henning

Odd-Henning

odd- henning

• Supermedlem
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1039 Innlegg:

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:54

You can try to call me on tlf 004797021065. I can try to help you if you still need help. I live in sortland.
Å bli eldre er obligatorisk, å bli voksen er VALGFRITT

Man slutter ikke å leke på grunn av at man blir gammel, man blir gammel på grunn av at man slutter å leke :D

#8 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 16 August 2012 - 14:22

You can try to call me on tlf 004797021065. I can try to help you if you still need help. I live in sortland.

Thank you for your support. But now I'm in Russia. I left the car parked in Sortland. There were several ways to resolve the problem, but the cheapest one (oddly enough) is to tug the car back to Russia. The problem is too serious to fix it on-site - as I learned from some diagnostics - the crankshaft is broken. This happened despite I replaced the crankshaft 2 months ago with a brand-new one and with all new bearings. I think this is a fault of the service-shop who did the works.

I saw several Gallopers like mine in Sortland, so this car is not a rarity in Norway, and if I could find parts or used engine on-site it would be possible to fix it. But I was short of time and found no acceptable solution.

By the way next week I'm going back to Norway with a friend and trailer to bring the car back to Russia. If you need something from Russia (like parts for Niva, for example :)) please don't hesitate to ask me.

Dmitry

Edited by dmitry_spb, 16 August 2012 - 20:59.

#9 Nordic

Nordic

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 37 Innlegg:

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:01

Sadly, I was away at sea at that time. If not, that truck of yours would hold enough spareparts to build a new niva. :P But thanks for the offer! And I hope it all worked out with the car. :)

#10 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 22 November 2012 - 23:22

Finally I got it back home in early September :)
Postet bilde

Postet bilde

Postet bilde

Edited by dmitry_spb, 22 November 2012 - 23:26.

#11 Flaatedal

Flaatedal

Offroad-wannabe

• Medlem
  • PipPip
  • 89 Innlegg:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 00:53

Wow, thats some serious damage to the crank.
Original or aftermarked crank?

#12 dmitry_spb

dmitry_spb

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 7 Innlegg:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 18:36

Aftermarket. Original was broken in May this year. But that original was grinded while I made a complete overhaul 20000 km ago.

Edited by dmitry_spb, 23 November 2012 - 19:17.

#13 Nordic

Nordic

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 37 Innlegg:

Posted 06 December 2012 - 13:40

I`m glad you got the truck back. :)

#14 KapteinMike

KapteinMike

her er je

• Supermedlem
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5929 Innlegg:

Posted 26 March 2013 - 16:45

BTW are you a Hamradio opr?

i see the antenna on the Mitshubishi

Svein
LA3CLA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

98mod 6,5TD Chevrolet Suburban K1500LS 4wd 8bolter. m/detroit true track diffrensial
DS4-5521 IP m/#9 motstand pluss cooler, operation dieselflow, fleetguard spin-on dieselfilter, Icom Ic-7000 HF/VHF/UHF radio, Icom ic-AH4 Antennetuner og 1,65m kort Springer antenne hvor antenne foten er modifisert til Longwire type, 5/8 ECO antenne på VHF

#15 zax454

zax454

Nytt medlem

• Medlem
  • Pip
  • 1 Innlegg:

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:32

Niva i think is one of best car from east europe but now you can't buy this car.